Sunday, May 13, 2007

Charnai

Dear Students,

During the week I did a project in class and I compared things in the United States and South Africa. Someone in my class compared dancing in the US and South Africa. I found that the dancing in South Africa was very interesting because I love to dance. Another thing I learned was the clothing like weddings in the US, we usually get a veil and a white gown with white shoes. I found that in South Africa, when women get married you would wear a head gear and I found that interesting because it was a lot different. I learned about HIV/AIDS in South Africa like I know there aren't a lot of medications in South Africa but in the United States we don't have to worry so much. I really enjoyed learning about your country.

3 comments:

nelly said...

IT was very nice reading your blog.even though we see many of them on the television.In South Africa most of us usually follow our customs eg we slaughter the cows,goats,sheeps&chickens so i see in the US you order some take aways here in SA we prepare food the day before the wedding day and the groom doesn't get to see the bride before the wedding they think its bad luck or if the cake gets rotten after several days its also a sing of badluck& the fun part is that we get to make our own beer and bake cookies for the guest and you dont get to sleep for 2 days i would like to know about the life there some thing interesting.

refilwe said...

Here in South Africa we have different diseases namely Malaria,Cancers,Rabbies,Tuberculosis,Asthma and the most threatening disease which you have learned about which is Hiv/Aids.Unfortunately we are still looking for the right medication to cure this terrible disease.What I would love to know is how did they find the medication and how does it help the people who are affected by this disease?

deli said...

Dear Charnai
My name is khutso and i am 15 years of age.And i want to know why do you say you don't have to worry so much because this dreaded disease is killing and now you are saying that you don't have to worry so much,Here at South Africa we don't have enough medications.so do you have any medicine for this disease?And if there is will you tell me the name of that medicine?